Publish with us

Follow Penguin

Follow Penguinsters

Follow Hind Pocket Books

Publishing FAQs

• How do I submit my proposal?
    Please refer to the individual publishing house’s’ pages for more details. As we are not textbook publishers and neither do we publish technical and scientific research studies/monographs and papers and medical books, a proposal centered on these areas would automatically not be considered for publication by us.
  • How can I ensure my proposal will be looked at? Should I come in personally to submit my proposal?
    Penguin Random House India receives over 500 proposals and manuscripts every year. We value all submissions and each proposal is given the same diligent attention by our qualified and experienced editorial team. We would, thus, not advise you to come in personally to deliver your proposal. Nonetheless, in case you should decide to visit our office personally, you are requested to handover your written proposal at the reception.
  • If I come personally, will I get to meet with an editor and discuss my proposal?
    Owing to high publication volumes, meeting with prospective and discussing individual proposals with the editorial team is, unfortunately, not possible.
  • What does the process of evaluation entail and how long does it take?
    The editorial team conducts a preliminary evaluation of the synopsis and sample chapters to develop an insight into the work and gauge its potential. In the event your proposal is found suitable, you may be asked to send in the entire manuscript for a thorough evaluation. The manuscript is then evaluated in detail by a team of editors for its language, literary merits, readability, style, competition, marketability and sales potential. This detailed evaluation takes a minimum of six months and post evaluation, you will be informed of our final decision. Please note that asking for a detailed manuscript does not in any way mean that it has been or will be accepted for publishing.
  • Whom shall I contact during the process of evaluation?
    The detailed process of evaluation takes a minimum of six months. During this time, we, unfortunately, will be unable to respond to any queries either by phone, fax, email or in person. The decision is communicated at the end of the evaluation period. Penguin Random House India is not obligated to assign any reason if your proposal/manuscript does not suit our publishing programme.
  • Will my submission be returned?
    Please keep a copy of any proposal that you send in and the manuscript (if asked to send it in). Owing to the large number of proposals we receive, we do not take any responsibility to return any material sent by you.
  • What are the terms and conditions-royalties, territories, number of copies, distribution network-under which my book will be published?
    Terms and conditions pertaining to royalties, territories, number of copies, distribution network are all decisions which are taken only on final acceptance of a book for publication. Should your manuscript be accepted, these will automatically be discussed at a later stage. Queries pertaining to these at the time of submitting your proposal or during the evaluation process are premature.
  • Can I send a proposal again if I have been rejected once?
    Please do not resend a proposal that has been rejected once. However, should you find yourself inspired again, we encourage you to submit a fresh proposal to us.
  • Can I send my proposal elsewhere while I have submitted it to you? Can my manuscript be evaluated by Penguin and another publishing house simultaneously?
    You are free to submit your proposal simultaneously to us and to others. We would, however, request you to inform us of the same. We would also request you to inform us as soon as your manuscript has been accepted for publication by someone else so that we may stop evaluation of your proposal.Should we ask for your manuscript after preliminary evaluation is completed, please do not submit it to us if you have already submitted it to another publishing house in the meantime, until you have heard from them or informed them that you are withdrawing your submission. Similarly, we would request you not to submit your manuscript for evaluation elsewhere during the process of detailed evaluation by Penguin Random House India. You are free to ask us to stop evaluation of your manuscript at any stage before we have communicated our decision.
error: Content is protected !!