Chinmay Tumbe is an alumnus of the London School of Economics and Political Science; the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore; Ruia College, Mumbai; and Rishi Valley School Mandapalle. He is passionate about migration, cities and history. He is currently a faculty member at the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad. He has published widely on migration for a decade and has served on policymaking groups. India Moving is his first book.
Here are the impacts of migration as listed in the book:
1. The influence of mobility and globalization on migration
2. Rural – urban divergence in natural growth rates ( difference between birth rate and death rate)
3. Migration helped in reducing social inequalities.
4. The story of brain drain.
5. Link between migration and gender.
6. The impact of the partition of India and Pakistan.